Re: DBMS_JOB - Why's it take so long to submit?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:56:26 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Frédéric Reinhard" <frederic.reinhard_at_bfi.admin.ch> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:51:37 +0200, you wrote:

>I have the same problem !
>
>Thanks
>Frédéric Reinhard
>
>Walt Weaver wrote:
>
>> I'm currently submitting a job to run using DBMS_JOB from a trigger.
>> The trigger seems to fire just fine, and the job is put in the job
>> queue immediately. But instead of being submitted immediately, the job
>> sits there for upwards of ten, fifteen minutes. I'd like to have the
>> job run immediately after it's submitted.
>>
>> I've played around with the JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL and
>> JOB_QUEUE_KEEP_CONNECTIONS parms, but nothing seems to do any good.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with this kind of problem? I'm trying to
>> get these things to run in "real time", but DBMS_JOB doesn't want to
>> cooperate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Walt Weaver

Are you waiting 10, 15 minutes to commit? When you submit a job YOU (your session) can immediately see it in the queue however, no other session (including the one that runs jobs) can see it until you commit.

Try commiting after the statement that fires off the trigger -- your job should run very soon after that. I see very little latency in jobs (unless of course you are queueing jobs that take 15, 20 minutes to run -- only N jobs will run simultaneously where N = job_queue_processes.)

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 07:56:26 CDT