Re: Table documentation

From: <mujeeb_ur_rehman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:33:12 GMT

Hi :)

U can use the following script which will generate another script containing commands in the format desc tablename; run it and u will have all the table, view description the way u wanted.

NOTE : Run this script while connected as the schema owner for which u want to list the descriptions.

Just cut and paste the text between lines and u are all set to go :)

Hope this helps.

set pagesize 0
set heading off
set feedback off
column table_type noprint
spool descr.sql

select 'set pagesize 0'||chr(10)||

       'spool descr.lst'
from dual
/
select table_type,'prompt Description of '||table_type||' '||

       table_name||chr(10)||'desc '|| table_name ||';' from cat
where table_type in ('TABLE','VIEW')
order by table_type
/
select 'spool off'||chr(10)||

       'set pagesize 16'
from dual
/
spool off
set pages 16
set heading on
set feedback on
prompt Run Now Script descr.sql to obtain the description.