Sybase to Oracle Migration

From: Frank Tiemann <frankt_at_wfg-nojunk.com>
Date: 1998/08/12

We are considering moving from Sybase to Oracle. However, we have a fairly large
sized server (70+ GB), and the data is grouped logically in multiple databases within
the Sybase server. My understanding is that Oracle does not allow more than one
database per instance, is that correct? Would I then have to move all these tables
(well over 1000) into one database?

If anyone who has done Sybase to Oracle ports has any pointers, lists of migration issues
(maybe even a whitepaper???) or a compare and contrast type chart, that
would be fabulous
and very helpful. Or, are there any good websites or books out there on that subject. I couldn't
really find anything useful when searching the web.

Thanks so much.

Frank Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT