sorting in oracle?

From: Iancrozier <iancrozier_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Aug 1998 14:12:30 GMT

I have a need to do the following
In table T, I have three columns A, B, and C B has several numeric values for each value of A, some times the same value e.g.
A=1234, B=200,200,300,400,600,600

What I need to do is the following ( in this example )

where B=600, set C=1
where B=400, set C=2
where B=300, set C=3
where B=200, set C=4

There are many values of B, so I have to do a comparison of different values of B for every value of A. Can I do this in SQL?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 09:12:30 CDT