Re: data loading question

From: Alan Johns <Alan_at_tarragon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:57:29 +0100

You could try using the 'Move for Servers - Oracle' tool from Princeton Softech. This allows tailored extraction and insertion of data accross multiple or single tables. Call me or e-mail me if it sounds like the sort of thing you need.
In article <1998081113295500.JAA00722_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, Iancrozier <iancrozier_at_aol.com> writes
>I have a table which had a new column added recently.
>I now have data to load into this new column.
>Is there any way that I can just add data to this column?
>sqlload offers four methods:
>INSERT,REPLACE,APPEND AND TRUNCATE
>
>They only work on complete rows. Is there any way just to add data to
>ceratin columns? Thanks in advance.

Best regards
--
  Alan Johns
  Tarragon Software Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributor for

        Princeton Softech's -   Upgrade 2000
                                Ager 2000
                                Relational Tools for DB2
                                Move for Servers - Oracle
                                Version Merger

        ELISE - the MatchMaker. Software for recruitment, estate agencies,
                                dating agencies, etc from WCC

Phone: 44(0)1480 414141
  Fax: 44(0)1480 436869 Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 04:57:29 CDT