Fibre Channel reliable?

From: Frank Tiemann <frankt_at_wfg-nojunk.com>
Date: 1998/08/11

Folks,

we are currently looking at getting a new disk subsystem for our database server (100+ GB) and are considering SUN's A5000 raid array which is based on fibre channel.

Is fibre channel reliable? Has anyone had data corruption problems with that particular device? Good or bad comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Frank Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT