Re: Random numbers

From: BILL M COHEE <COHEEB_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:55:27 -0400

Why not use a sequence as your # generator? It won't be random, but it'll give you test data.

Bill in NY

Thomas Wilhelm wrote in message <6qnkbh$cb4_at_news.axis.de>... I have a small problem

in oracle 8 there is a package for random numbers, but not in oracle 7.3.4. BUT I NEED RANDOM NUMBERS
because i must setup an 25 GByte Database for Testing.

Does anybody has an idea about getting random numbers in PL/SQL (or in an another way)?

Thank You for Help Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 23:55:27 CDT