DBMS_JOB - Why's it take so long to submit?

From: Walt Weaver <weaver_at_pwrh.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:13:52 GMT

I'm currently submitting a job to run using DBMS_JOB from a trigger. The trigger seems to fire just fine, and the job is put in the job queue immediately. But instead of being submitted immediately, the job sits there for upwards of ten, fifteen minutes. I'd like to have the job run immediately after it's submitted.

I've played around with the JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL and JOB_QUEUE_KEEP_CONNECTIONS parms, but nothing seems to do any good.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of problem? I'm trying to get these things to run in "real time", but DBMS_JOB doesn't want to cooperate.

Thanks,
--Walt Weaver Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 11:13:52 CDT