ON UPDATE CASCADE

From: Markku Heikkilä <markku.heikkila_at_ccc.fi>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 05:58:05 GMT

I got two tables table1 and table2. Table1 is master and table2 is detail. Table1 get its primary key from sequence se_tab1. Below are scripts...

create table1(
  id number(5) primary key,
  part varchar2(20)
);

create table2(

        id number(5)
      foreign key (id) references table1(id) on update cascade

);

ETC. I need to insert same id to table2 when id number is fetched to table1 from sequence.

Now on update cascade doesnt seem to work in Oracle. So how Do I implement similar action via trigger. I tried it but didnt get it to work....

Greetings from Finland
Markku Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 00:58:05 CDT