An SQL question

From: Chris Daugherty <quasar_at_flash.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:06:17 -0500

Greetings! I need write SQL to do the following: I have a table that has these columns:

EmplID Year Bal_ID Bal_Period

8158	  1997      CY           1
8158	  1997      CY           2
8158	  1997      CY           3
8158	  1997      CY           4
8158	  1998      CY           1
8158	  1998      CY           2
8158	  1998      CY           3
8158	  1998      CY           4
8158	  1998      CY           5
8111	  1997      CY           1
8111	  1997      CY           2
8133	  1997      CY           1
8133	  1997      CY           3

I need to pull the maxium Bal_Period for each Year for each EmplID. How do I do that?

Please respond as well as post the answer to cmdaugherty_at_pier1.com

Thanks!

CMD Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 17:06:17 CDT