[Q] MS Access can NOT find ORACLE Synonym ??

From: <duffy_at_cais.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:35:19 GMT

We have Oracle database on different computers. I used following command create db link to remote database.

  create public database link dbxxx connect to scott identified by tiger using 'db00'; create public synonym emp for emp_at_dbxxx;

I can login as any user and "select * from emp;" without problem (on sql/plus and ODBC
TEST). We tried to use
Microsoft Access 97 to get ORACLE data. The procedure are:

   Open access database
   link table
   ODBC
   login ID/Passwd

There is NO "emp" display on the table list. Does their has way to make MS Access check ORACLE Public synonym and display on table list?

Thank you for help.