CRecordset::GetFieldValue() incorrectly returns an empty string for SQL_LONGVARCHAR

From: alex <alexvak_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 1998 15:41:30 GMT

CRecordset::GetFieldValue() incorrectly returns an empty string for SQL_LONGVARCHAR data that is 1 character long.

I just read an Article(FIX: GetFieldValue Returns Empty String for SQL_LONGVARCHAR) on support.microsoft.com about the problem, but the problem was fixed in VisualC++5.0. I virefied CRecordset code with the fix for VisualC++4.2 and it was fixed. Anyway I still get the Empty String.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

The structure of table is
 TABLE1 (LIST LONG NOT NULL); C++ code:

	CDBVariant	varFieldValue;
	CRecordset 	Rec(pDatabase);

	Rec.Open(CRecordset::forwardOnly, "SELECT LIST FROM TABLE1 where rownum <
10");
	Rec.GetFieldValue((short)0, varFieldValue);
 	TRACE1("%s", (LPCTSTR)*varFieldValue.m_pstring); // the string is empty
:(

system:

	WinNT4.0(1381, Service Pack3)
	Visual C++ 5.0
	Oracle8.4
	ODBC uses Oracle Driver SQLORA32.DLL (v. 8.00.04)

Thank you

mailto: alexvak_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 10:41:30 CDT