Re: Help SQL Plus 3.3 will not connect from Win-95

From: Michael L. Mason <mmason1_at_osf1.gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:20:29 GMT

I would try to ping the host server to see if you can even see the server. If you cannot, it is most likely a network problem. You said that your tnsnames.ora was correct, but I would re-re-check that again just to be sure.

Make sure that you can ping (not tnsping) the host name that you supplied in the SQL*Net easy configuration utility for your connect string.

ping <ip address> Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 10:20:29 CDT