Re: Advice please - Backup Manager and settings

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:17:28 -0400

Hi Carl,

        If you only want to backup selected tables look into the use of the export and import utilities. An alternative you might want to consider is to create backups by spooling to a file and then selecting all of the data in a table. If you take this approach the restore operation is based on the use of SQL*Loader.

        If you can guarantee that the tables in question will not be updated during the backup (for instance if you are the only user) either approach will work.

regards

Jerry

--

Jerry Gitomer         	ICT Group