Re: Anyone ever go from a standby database back to production?

From: David Greensmith <david_at_green1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:44:24 GMT

weaver_at_pwrh.com (Walt Weaver) wrote:

>I was just curious if anyone has ever lost their production database,
>brought their standby database up to production, then moved back to
>the original prod database when things were fixed.
>
>If so, how did you do it?
>
>I'll be installing a standby database here pretty soon, and the most
>convenient way I can think of to go back to the original prod database
>would be to bring it up as a standby database and fail over.
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>--Walt Weaver
> Bozeman, Montana, USA

I think that the only way to get back to the original production/standby configuration is to perform a file copy from the standby machine to the live machine, bring this up as live, and then recreate the standby server on the backup machine. I believe that once the standby database has been brought up as an active instance, there is no going back.

David

David Greensmith :-)
(david_at_green1.demon.co.uk) Received on Sat Aug 08 1998 - 22:44:24 CDT