Different Passwords?

From: thenworb <thenworb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 19:34:37 +0100

Are there different default passwords for different versions of Oracle?

I thought that the default password for 'system' was 'manager' and the default password for 'sys' was 'change_on_login'.

I've also tried 'System','SYSTEM','SyStEm' and 'sYsTeM'.

I've just installed Oracle 7.3 (for NT. Both client and Server) on my machine and I cannot get in. There are two users set up called sysoper and sysdba but I cannot find any documentation telling me what there respective passwords are.

So far, all I can do is login as some guy called Scott and look at 14 of his employee records. I'm sure theres more to oracle than this! :-)

Any assistence would be gratefully appreciated.

Simon Received on Sat Aug 08 1998 - 13:34:37 CDT