Oracle Database Server 7.3 access through PPTP over internet

From: HONGMING <fenghm_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 04:54:52 +0800

I am trying to access Oracle Server 7.3 through VPN.

Aftter I dialed to ISP and made the connection successful, I launched PPTP client in my station and connected to PPTP server which is located in remote office. There is Watchguard installed as firewall in between.

I can use IP ping as well as TNS ping without problem. When I was in SQLPlus to connect DB Server, the system give the message as 'TNS cannot find the detination'.

Is there anyone know the reason ? Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 15:54:52 CDT