Re: Oracle Vs Access

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 08:20:38 -0400

Hi,

        To a developer Access is user friendly, Oracle is not. (If it was Oracle developers and DBAs wouldn't make so much more money than Access developers -- so from my perspective as a DBA this is a good thing.) To the user, if the developers have done a good job, Oracle is a user friendly product.

        Once you move from the desktop to server based systems Oracle is the dominant product in the marketplace -- in the US Oracle has over 50% of the market! I think that Oracle will continue to dominate the high end server marketplace and that once the dust settles in a few years they will also be the leading vendor in the low end server market. If you become a proficient Oracle developer you can look forward to several years of lucrative employment.

regards

Jerry

--

Jerry Gitomer         	ICT Group