Called oracle procedures from powerhouse quick screen and DBMS_ALERT package...

From: Joël LeBlanc <lebljoe_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 16:31:16 -0300

Hi,

Here's the scoop...Oracle 7.3, Powerhouse 8.0, OpenMVS 7.1

I have a procedure that uses dbms_alert to 'register' and 'wait' for an event. I execute the procedure using sqlplus and initiate a 'signal' of the event I've registered for on another sqlplus session and get the results I want. Great....or so I think.

When I introduce the quick screen this process does not work. I'm sure it's the way I'm passing the data from the quick screen to the procedure. Has anyone had any similar experiences with this. Other than what is "in the books" does anyone have anything interesting to say about dbms_alert?

Tks Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 14:31:16 CDT