Re: User setup

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 12:45:41 -0400

Hi John,

        Your posting cites two different issues;

  1. Default tablespace for a user
  2. Accessing tables owned by another user.

If your concern is which tablespace will be used just create your user as follows:

	CREATE USER joe IDENTIFIED BY password
	DEFAULT TABLESPACE accounting
	TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp_space
	QUOTA UNLIMITED ON accounting

This will create user joe and all of joe's tables will be stored in the tablspace called accounting.

If you mean "How can a user access another's tables without explicitly specifying the owner in the form 'owner.table_name'" you can achieve this through the use of public synonyms.

regards

Jerry

--

Jerry Gitomer         	ICT Group