Cant update long data type

From: John Mason Jr <masonj_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:19:23 -0400

I am importing data from another Oracle database each night I create new tables with the new data then insert the new rows into my permanent tables. When I get to the tables with a long data type I get message illegal use of long data type. I tried to insert all the rows for the other data types in the table and that worked. Then when I went to update the column with the long data type. How can I get a Long data type in one table to the other.

TIA
John Mason Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 10:19:23 CDT