Re: Oracle Vs Access

From: Wayne Larimore <dwljr_at_ionet.net>
Date: 6 Aug 1998 14:13:59 GMT

I was somewhat forced to inherit an Oracle environment. I have worked with Microsoft Access as well. Oracle is nice for a large corporate environment. I personally believe that you can do what you need in Access if you plan and design the architecture correctly. At the same time, the corporate environment you are in also may decide on DBMS. The system I inherited serviced many other departments before I was handed it. Now, It is overkill for what we need. MS Access could easily do the job. At the same time, I'm enjoying the experience and the power of having it. Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 09:13:59 CDT