Client and Server SQL statements work differently??

From: Doug <dpeel_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 08:52:14 -0500

Hello all... I'm having a problem that I can't seem to solve. If I run a SQL statement involving a date/time on the server machine, everything works fine Ex:

SELECT * FROM psms_db.down_hist WHERE datestamp > '06-Aug-1998 00:00:00'

If I run the exact same SQL statement from a client machine (I've tried the Oracle ODBC test application and SQL worksheet) I get the error "S1000: ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string 40002"

Basically the time portion of the SQL statement is being rejected. If I run the SQL statement without the time portion:

SELECT * FROM psms_db.down_hist WHERE datestamp > '06-Aug-1998'

It works fine. Problem is, I need to be able to query based on time and date. System is running Oracle 8 Server on NT 4.0 Server with Oracle 8 ODBC Driver Version 8.00.0300. Client machine is Oracle 8 Client Installation on NT 4.0 Workstation using same Oracle 8 ODBC Driver.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 08:52:14 CDT