Re: Newbie Forms 4.5 - Help!

From: D1Scully <d1scully_at_aol.com>
Date: 06 Aug 1998 03:52:54 GMT

In article <01bdc05d$730f0e60$eb58ea9e_at_ukp016543.logica.co.uk>, "Daniel Cohen" <cohend_at_logica.com> writes:

>This will probably be a very simple question but it is driving me mad!
>
>I have data from 3 tables which all need to be displayed on one form.
>
>Two of the tables are linked on a one to one basis by a reference id, and
>the third is linked on a one to one with the second table using another
>key.
>
>I have started by trying to link 2 tables and have established the link
>using a master detail relationship. However, in the second table block,
>data is only displayed on the top line instead of over the 10 records
>defined in the block. Help!
>
>Nick Lehane
>
>PS I have set the records fetched, buffered and displayed properties to 10
>- the master table uses all 10 records but the detail table won't.

If you're seeing 10 record rows displayed in the second table with only one record being displayed then either there is only one record to display either because there's only one record that matches the join select criteria or the select is incorrect.

If you're only seeing 1 record row displayed with one record in it but you can scoll or use your keyboard to change the one record then you need to check that blocks
ITEMS DISPLAYED property in the property sheet and change it to 10.

Al Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 22:52:54 CDT