startup/shutdown scripts

From: Tony Thell <tony969_at_visi.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:06:31 GMT

Here's my problem:

I am running Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris 2.5.1 and when I either start or shutdown the box the "automatic" Oracle startup/shutdown scripts don't want to work. I've looked at all the scripts involved, but nothing that could be wrong really jumps out at me.

To confuse me even more, I have another SUN box running Solaris 2.5 and Oracle 7.3.2 and 7.3.4 and as far as I can tell, all of those instances seem to start and stop when I start or shutdown the box. I've tried copying the scripts in question from the "working" 2.5 box to the "non-working" 2.5.1 box but it doesn't solve the problem.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has come across any startup/shutdown scripts, in a book or on-line, that I could take a look at and/or use as an alternative to what I have. I must state that I am not an Oracle DBA but rather a Solaris sysadmin who got stuck with this problem and is getting a headache trying to solve it.

Thanks for your time and effort,
Tony Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 09:06:31 CDT