Re: dbhut does not shutdown 2 instances

From: Allan Speir <r31055_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:19:45 +0100

I'm assuming your trying this on a UNIX based system. You should have a file called /etc/oratab which should have lines in it of the format:

SID:ORACLE_HOME:FLAG FLAG can be set to Y or N and tells dbshut and dbstart whether to start or stop the database. If you have two databases and you wish to stop and start both your file should look something like

DB1:/oracle:Y
DB2:/oracle:N

Obviously you substitute your own Oracle SID and ORACLE HOME.

To stop the second instance using svrmgr you need to set your ORACLE_SID prior to running svrmgr and then connect internal

i.e.
export ORACLE_SID=DB2
svrmgrl
connect internal;
shutdown

Hope this helps - if your not using UNIX you'll need to look for the equivalent for your operating system.

Regards,

Allan