VB4: No Table name in PassThrough-result from Oracle

From: Loy&Hutz <loyhutz_at_dinx.de>
Date: 4 Aug 1998 17:24:38 -0200

((Oracle 8.x. Oracle ODBC, VisualBasic 4 (16-Bit) and NT 4.0))

If I make a select
(OpenRecordset(SQL_String,dbOpenSnapshot,dbSQLPassThrough) via ODBC, I am
missing columns with identically names but different tables.

If I work NOT with the option pass through it works.

With the Oracle tool SQL-Worksheet I saw that Oracle returns only the column name without Tablename, although the column names of these tables are identically.

e.g.:

Snap = Select Tab1.Col1, Tab1.Col2, Tab2.Col1, Tab2.Col3 From Tab1, Tab2 Where ...>join<

Result per pass through
Col1, Col2 Col3

Where Col1 is from Tab1. Tab2.Col1 is missing !!!

Why I didnīt get the result:
Tab1.Col1, Tab1.Col2, Tab2.Col1, Tab2.Col3

Thanks for any help.

Greetings SvenKunze_at_aol.com Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 14:24:38 CDT