Re: Salary question

From: Dan Norris <dann_at_sky.net>
Date: 4 Aug 1998 07:59:16 -0500

I would have to agree. I'm a consultant working on short-term engagements in the Kansas City area and I haven't had one engagement at less than $150/hour. In fact, I've worked for as much as $210/hour in one engagement (only 80 hours, though).

Of course, I think that the $50-$100/hour range is more normal. My firm is priced higher than most firms in our area, but we also employ only the best people in the KC market. So, our customers are routinely saying things like "You get what you pay for."

I don't think that $60K/yr is inflated at all!

Dan