Re: JDeveloper

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:56:10 GMT

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:32:15 +0200, "Chong Sa" <chongsa_at_ipk.fhg.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to know, whether JDeveloper can work with Oracle Server v.8.04?
>Or it must be version 8.1?

Oracle JDeveloper Suite does not *require* Oracle8 8.1. The current version of JDeveloper Suite that I have includes Oracle8 Enterprise Edition 8.0.4. Certainly, the methods you use in Java or SQLJ to access the Oracle8 server will work with both Oracle8 8.0.4 and Oracle8 8.1. I have done both.....it works.

Keep in mind that if you want to exploit some of the more cerebral features of JDeveloper Suite (like JCORBA or JWeb objects), these do require Oracle Application Server 4.0. Check out:

        http://www-dc.us.oracle.com/products/asd/asdhome.html

The current version of JDeveloper Suite that I have includes a Limited Production version of Oracle Application Server 4.0.

Hope this helps.

>Thanks
>
>Chong

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 06:56:10 CDT