Re: Why oracle can't drop column?

From: Devinder Pal Singh <Devinder_Pal.Singh_at_pharma.novartis.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 13:29:22 -0400

Hi Dears,
There is a table under sys called COl$, there you can change the name of the column and then flush shared pool to reflect the changes. But donto try this in production database, as this is not supported, I tried dropping the column also, but it then killed dbwr when I tried to desc that table.
Try it.
Devinder Received on Mon Aug 03 1998 - 12:29:22 CDT