PLSQL & Webserver & Designer 2000

From: <redmons_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 08:55:26 GMT

I have what I think is a simple question(s) : )

I'm new to Designer/web applications under oracle, my backgroud is mainly Forms and PLSQL.

Using Designer 2000 we have produced a WEB application (ie loads of PLSQL packages etc....). The standard app works as you would expect it to, coming straight out of Designer ( seems to produce a simple data entry form, for each table in out application ).

Firstly, is this all Desginer 2000 is capable of? simple first cut entry screens or is capable of more complecated apps along the lines of something like this :-

Display a list of records, user selects a record, move to second screen, allow user to enter some parameters, perform a calculation based on those parameters and output result to both screen and database.

If the above is not possible, and we need to modify the PLSQL directly or even develope from scratch..... is there a tool for this? any books on the subject? Can anyone offer any advice/ or has any previous experience?

Thanks for any help

Simon Redmond
redmons_at_maritz.co.uk

Pls could you reply both via email and to this newsgroup, thanks