Re: Loading an Excel spreadsheet into Oracle

From: Steve Chapman <schapman_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 3 Aug 1998 02:22:52 GMT

hi,

we have the same problem with loading excel sheets into an oracle db. i wrote a tool to allow the users that generated the excel data to insert, update,
delete, and select the data themselves. that way they can take ownership of the
maintenance, and lesson your burdon.

the tool i wrote is in VB5, with Apex True Grid v5, and Oracle Objects for OLE.
it uses an unbound grid for the posting, and a bound grid for the query/delete.

HTH, Steve Chapman
GlaxoWellcome

pgomeza_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <6ogd5d$k3p$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> How can I load an Excel spreadsheet into a Oracle table, I mean something
> like sql*loader if it could understant Excel's format.
>
> Is it a good solution saving the sheet as .txt and then loading into
Oracle