Re: EXPORT ERROR

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 22:00:46 GMT

A copy of this was sent to D S Tharpe <i5t_at_ornl.gov> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 01 Aug 1998 15:56:06 -0400, you wrote:

>. . exporting table PORTS_LAB_MEAS 9512 rows
>exported
>. . exporting table PORT_LOCATION 4028 rows
>exported
>. . exporting table PROJSTAT 241251 rows
>exported
>. . exporting table PROJ_STAT 22214 rows
>exported
>. . exporting table REP_LAB_MEAS
>EXP-00002: error in writing to export file
>EXP-00222:
>System error message 22
>EXP-00002: error in writing to export file
>EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
>
>DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS??? I HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE ON THE
>DISK FOR THIS EXPORT. THE TABLE IT DIES ON IS 300,000+ RECORDS.
>ANY HELP APPRECIATED
>
>D. Tharpe

is the export file 2gig? export doesn't support that on most platforms (if the device supports seeking, it cannot write more then 2gig of data).

to work around this you can use pipes and a compress routine. I use the following script myself:

#!/bin/csh -f

setenv UID sys/xxxxx
setenv FN exp.`date +%j_%Y`.dmp.gz

echo $FN

cd /d05/expbkup
ls -l

rm expbkup.log export.test exp.*.dmp.gz exp.tmp.dmp mknod exp.tmp.dmp p

date > expbkup.log
gzip < exp.tmp.dmp > $FN &
exp userid=$UID buffer=20000000 file=exp.tmp.dmp full=y >>& expbkup.log date >> expbkup.log

date > export.test
zcat $FN > exp.tmp.dmp &
imp userid=$UID file=exp.tmp.dmp show=y full=y >>& export.test date >> export.test

that has gzip (compression) reading off of the pipe and exp writing to the pipe. You can actually involve split in the picture as well if you OS doesn't support files >2gig and the compressed export is >2gig. I then always test the export by putting it through a full imp right after..

hope this helps...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Aug 01 1998 - 17:00:46 CDT