Re: Returning a set of rows from a stored procedure

From: Murali Kazhipurath <murali_at_jps.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 09:00:09 -0700

Another method you may use is:

  1. Populate a work table using the stored procedure.
  2. select data from the work table after the execution of the stored procedure.

This can get tricky in a multi-user environment. One method I have used is to have a field that identifies a unique session. Create an Oracle sequence and use it to populate this field during every session. This way, you can avoid conflicts.

Steps:

  1. Generate the next value of the Oracle sequence.
  2. Use it within the stored procedure to populate the work table.
  3. Select data from the work table using the sequence.

Hope this helps.

Murali

Murali Kazhipurath                                            E-Mail:
murali_at_jps.net
President and Lead Technical Consultant     Phone: (916) 773 1918
Kaustubam Systems, Inc.                                Fax:      (916) 773
8147
5098 Foothills Blvd., Ste 3-377                      Mobile: (916) 508 8147
Roseville, CA 95747                                        Pager : (530) 883
2300 or

www.smartpage.net/murali/