Anyone ever go from a standby database back to production?

From: Walt Weaver <weaver_at_pwrh.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 19:27:33 GMT

I was just curious if anyone has ever lost their production database, brought their standby database up to production, then moved back to the original prod database when things were fixed.

If so, how did you do it?

I'll be installing a standby database here pretty soon, and the most convenient way I can think of to go back to the original prod database would be to bring it up as a standby database and fail over.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
--Walt Weaver
  Bozeman, Montana, USA Received on Fri Jul 31 1998 - 14:27:33 CDT