SQL*Plus question

From: Dave Morse <dmorse_at_nospam.cinergy.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:58:05 -0500

Has anyone else noticed that SQL*Plus hogs the processor when executing a long running query?

Whenever I execute a large query (i.e. that may take 20 minutes), my processor utilization skyrockets and stays at 100% until the query finishes
(hence seriously affecting the performance of my machine).

Is there anyway to release SQL*Plus's control of the processor when executing a large query? Any configuration ideas (through "Options, Environment")?

Thanks in advance!

(To reply, please take the 'nospam' out of the cinergy address -
dmorse_at_cinergy.com)

--

Dave Morse
Consultant - InfoTech Consulting, Inc.