A problem of focus!!!

From: <girish_bhatia_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:16:23 GMT

Hi,

I'm working on a project which requires to run forms developed with D2K 2.0 OVER THE WEB. Instead of making the application multi form, we've used multiple canvases and all we do is show/hide the canvas which in effect act as a multiform application. Also, there is a horizontal toolbar made up of buttons only, which is visible always. All the canvases have a list item, a text item and a radio group as a part of the control block, and a data block. It is required that the list box have focus initially when the form (canvas) is loaded, along with some selection in the radio group.

The application works perfectly well when it is run over a client server setup (i.e. running it stand alone on the development machine). However, when the forms are deployed to be run over the web, while navigating from one canvas to another, the focus gets transfered to the first button in the horizontal toolbar even if we give an explicit G0_ITEM. There is no selection in the radio group even though there was an initial default value set to it. To top it all, even if we perform a click on the radio buttons in the radio group, the focus does not transfer from the horizontal toolbar to the radio group. The focus seems to be "stuck" to the first button in the horizontal toolbar or gets lost somewhere. It allows me to change the list item selection, but does not allow focus to be set on any of the controls in the control block or the data block.

In order to debug the application, I gave a sequence of MESSAGE (); PAUSE; combinations. In this case it works well (but with the acknowledge dialog box coming up for every message). However, if I remove the MESSAGE....PAUSE combination and replace it with the SYNCHRONIZE keyword, it fails and goes back in the same state as above.

Could anyone please help me with it....

Thanks for letting me get some sleep at night.....(seriously... i have'nt slept for a couple of days now)

Girish