Re: Backups with Oracle 7.3 and Windows NT 4.0 ?

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 29 Jul 1998 18:06:53 GMT

You can use the NT scheduler to schedule the running of "batch" files on NT.
I use batch files to perform pre-backup tasks and then use SVRMGR23 to perform the backup by using a text file with the backup commands that is read by SVRMGR. This method works well for me with both HOT and COLD backups. However, you must make your backup to disk. (At least with our current NT backup software.)
--
Thomas W. Vanya
Database Administrator

News <m.krembel_at_ch-rouffach.fr> wrote in article <6pmot6$ro0$1_at_news.telmat-net.fr>...
> Hello,
>
> I use Oracle 7.3 and Windows NT;
> Is there a way to schedule an every day on-line backup and a weekly
off-line
> backup like Unix cron jobs ?
> I read one can launch jobs with ServerManager. Which kind of jobs ?
system