stored procedures / ora-01031

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:13:28 +0200

I have encountered the following strange situation: In order to rebuild an table chosen by the user i used dynamic SQL via some own package calling the DBMS_SQL-Package; the instruction was something like   CREATE TABLE schema.save_example AS (SELECT * FROM schema.example) (please don't focus on the schema and table names) Doing it this way i got the error ora-01031 on DBMS_SQL.PARSE(). Copying the SQL-instruction to SQL-worksheet, it worked. The same instruction performed via FORMS_DDL() also succeeded.

The Login was the same for Forms and SQL-worksheet, so what is the reason of this different behaviour ? Did i do something wrong ?

I'm using Oracle Forms 4.5, the Database-Version is 7.3.2.2.0 (on NT).

Thanks in advance

Arnold Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 06:13:28 CDT