Re: Executing stored procedures of another schema

From: Sandro Toso <sandro.toso_at_eu.pnu.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:41:31 -0700

bhogak_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <6plo8h$ekn$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> bhogak_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> > There are multiple ways to achieve what you want. I will try to give couple of
> > examples.
> > 1. You can create a synonym for your table(tableB) as tableA and use the same
> > procedure.
> > 2. Try to pass the table name to the procedure as an IN parameter.
> > 3. Use DECODE statement to get the table you want.
> > 4. You can as well use dynamic sql to achieve this.
> >
> > 1 is the easiest of the lot. As you know, lot depends upon other
> functionalities.

Thank you!
I forgot one detail in the description of my problem: tableA in userA and tableB in userB have the same name. When I call procA from userA, it uses the data in userA's instance of the table. The problem is that when I call procA from userB, it still uses the data in userA's instance of the table. So I wonder if there is a method to use a single stored instance of procA on multiple users, each with her own instance of a table with same name and different data. Can you still give me any hints or detail the use of decode statement for my problem?
--
Piero Stanchi - Consultant for Pharmacia & Upjohn Voice: +39 2 48384265 - Email: piero.stanchi_at_eu.pnu.com Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 12:41:31 CDT