Re: GIS-mapping OCX in Forms 5.0

From: Raymond Allo <idefix_at_sydney.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:23:55 +1000

Jan,

OCX support in forms 5 is rocky at best. I had a lot of problems getting OCX's to work.
My experience is that as long parameters are passed as basic number, char etc it works fine. As soon as you get into the variant datatypes you are getting into troubled waters.
Specifically when you have to pass null variables. You may have to to use the TO_VARIANT function and when you have to pass

nulls use the function OLEVAR_EMPTY.
example:
 func(,,,'this_map') should be specified as  func(olevar_empty, olevar_empty,olevar_empty,'this_map') or you might even have to specify
func(olevar_empty, olevar_empty,olevar_empty,to_variant('this_map'))

Read more in Oracle bug# 450325 or Oracle article 52736.1 (hints:OLE and ActiveX forms5)

Good luck
Raymond