HELP - Dev2000 newbie problem

From: <knunes_at_sequenom.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:56:48 GMT

I have a form with 4 data blocks in it. If I enter data in the first/main block everything works fine. If I enter data in the first block and in any other block, the insert works but when I try to save the new data I get an error:

FRM-40508: ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record.

I think this is a problem with the other blocks not creating records because their foreign key fields are not being copied correctly. The first block has a primary key that gets its data off a sequence (Initial Value property is set to the sequence). the remaining blocks all have foreign keys linking to the first block. In their properties, I have set the Copy Value from Item to the primary key on the first block.

Any clues? Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 10:56:48 CDT