Re: Oracle SC (spatial cartridge)

From: Christian Timm <timm_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 14:04:03 +0200

Sandor Rapolder wrote:

> Has enyone experience with the spatial data cartidge.
> Our problem is how to create an index for the SDO layer.
> An index usually in generated by the command SDO_ADMIN.POPULATE_INDEX.
> As the manual says This will fill the table XX_SDOINDEX.
> We created a sample database as it is discribed in the manual. First we
> created the tables XX_SDOLAYER, XX_SDODIM, XX_SDOGEOM AND XX_SDOINDEX.
> After this we inserted some sample values. The manual says that then the
>
> index has to be created.
> we used the following command:
>
> execute SDO_ADMIN.POPULATE_INDEX('FORRESTS', 4);
>
> But always got the following message:
>
> SQL> execute sdo_admin.populate_index('forrests' , 4);
> begin sdo_admin.populate_index('forrests' , 4); end;
>
> *
> FEHLER in Zeile 1:
> ORA-20000: ORA-13010 encountered
> ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.MDLIB", Zeile 68
> ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.SDO_ADMIN", Zeile 227
> ORA-06512: in Zeile 1
>
> No values were added to the XX_SDOINDEX table.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same problem or has an idea how to solve it.
> We are very gratefull for any help

 First two questions:
- which Oracle Version do you use? From my experience only 7.3.4 and 8.0.4 works correct.
- have you adjust the correct values for the index boundary in the xx_sdodim table?

The Error-Code ORA-13010 means, that you have specified an invalid number of arguments.

But the function SDO_ADMIN.POPULATE_INDEX has an other problem. It seams, that the variable Index isn’t working correct in the current Oracle version.

Oracle strictly recommend to use the fixed-size tile indexing method.

The command is:

execute sdo_admin.populate_index_fixed(‘<Layer>’, <tile_size>, false, false, false)

christian

--
Christian Timm Tel. +49 (0) 251 83 31956 Institute for Geoinformatics (IfGI) Fax +49 (0) 251 83 39763 University of Muenster Email timm_at_ifgi.uni-muenster.de Robert-Koch-Str. 26-28 IfGI http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de D - 48149 Muenster (Germany) GIO http://gio.uni-muenster.de Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 07:04:03 CDT