Re: VB connection to PERSONAL ORACLE

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:39:31 GMT

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:41:44 -0400, Kurian <kurian.kattukkaran_at_priority-health.com> wrote:

>I am just a novice to use VB and trying to get connect with Personal
>Oracle 7.3*. I don't know you are success in this matter!!!. If you can
>direct to me on this further, like what are all statements/key words in
>VB to get start with???

Here is the code I use. It's from a VB5 app that uses RDO. It actually connects to a remote database named "BEP_IVR", but if you replace that with "2:", I believe you will connect to Personal Oracle.

    'Try opening the ODBC datasource using RDO objects.
    'This open is done asynchronously. You should
    'call qOpenFinish prior to using this connection.
    Set rdoEnvironment = rdoEnvironments(0)     rdoConnectString = "UID=" _
                         + DBUserId + "; PWD=" _
                         + DBPassword

    Set rdoDB = rdoEnvironment.OpenConnection("BEP_IVR", _
        rdDriverNoPrompt, False, rdoConnectString,
rdAsyncEnable)