Re: Limiting the Display Width in Oracle

From: Michael Samuel Tam <mstam_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: 25 Jul 1998 00:24:11 GMT

Hi,

        Thanks for the info. I have tried 'set arraysize 1' and that does get rid of the error message momentarily. However, if I call this function more than once, even with the arraysize set to 1, I get the buffer overflow error again. Does anyone know what I can do?!?!

Jack Ploeg (jploeg_at_wxs.nl) wrote:
: have you tried SET ARRAYSIZE 1 ?

: Jack

: Michael Samuel Tam <mstam_at_unixg.ubc.ca> wrote in article
: <6p88ch$4ia$1_at_nntp.ucs.ubc.ca>...
: > HI there everyone,
: > I have a slight prblem that I am hoping someone here can answer.
: > When writing a customized PL/SQL function, I am unable to run it although
: > it compiles properly. The problem is when I go to run it, I get the
: > following error:
: >
: > "buffer overflow. Use SET command to reduce ARRAYSIZE or increase
: MAXDATA."
: >
: > The dilemma is that the function isn't returning that many characters
: > when the function is run. Instead, I think the display width may be
: > overflowing the buffer when I run the function, because the dashes that
: > are usually displayed under the column names extend past the width of
: > the screen. Can anyone tell me how to limit the display width (i.e. the
: > number of dashes outputted to the screen)?!?
: >
: > Thank you in Advance
: >
: > --