SQL*PLUS personalized login

From: <kaznak_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 05:19:57 GMT

Hail,

I am using Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris 2.5.1,and I have a question on SQL*PLUS.

I want to personalize sql*plus at unix-user level automatically when SQL*PLUS is started. My initial idea was to include a line in glogin.sql so that it would also source a profile file in home directory, but I couldn't figure out a way to read unix's environmental parameters from SQL*PLUS. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kazuyoshi