SWYNK.COM BackOffice Resource Features SQL-Programmer

From: Sylvain Faust <sfaust_at_sfi-software.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:50:54 -0400

SWYNK.COM BackOffice Resource Features SQL-Programmer

To subscribe to the SFI-NEWS list, just send a blank email to:
SFI-NEWS-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST_at_peach.ease.lsoft.com

NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS SWYNK.COM BackOffice Resource Features SQL-Programmer

SWYNK.COM is the most comprehensive BackOffice resource in the world. Michael Hotek, one of SWYNK's principal software evaluators, recently reviewed SQL-Programmer 2.2 - the release previous to SQL-Programmer with integrated PL/SQL Debugger for Oracle.

Here are just a few of Michael's comments on SQL-Programmer:

"This tool is a must see for anyone doing serious database
development. SQL-Programmer packs a lot of power, stability, and can scale to accommodate large numbers of objects. The features have been well thought out and come from many years of real world database development. SQL-Programmer contains many small features that simply do not exist in any other tool I have come across."

"This product would definitely get a buy recommendation from
me simply on the strength of the reporting and source code interfaces, but as always you need to evaluate it within the context and needs of your organization."

"The presence of a debugger makes SQL-Programmer a complete
no brainer."

"Until you have taken advantage of this, there is no way to
appreciate how much time this can save."

"The number of objects is not a barrier. I succeeded in
extracting as many as 200 triggers to support one of my recent development efforts."

"SFI has done an extremely good job of mimicking the Windows
explorer. This provides a very intuitive interface to your database. But even with all of the normal features one thing that really stands out is the drag and drop support."

"The reports module by itself is more than enough justification
to purchase SQL-Programmer."

"This [documentation generator module] goes a long way to
providing virtually all of the documentation you could need generated directly from the databases."

"Only if the syntax is clean and the object will recompile
in the database does it then drop the old object and replace it with your modified one. I'd have to give the people at SFI a big thank you for this. Unfortunately, every other development tool overlooks this simple little fact."

"If another developer attempts to modify an object you have
checked out, SQL-Programmer prevents this."

"SQL-Programmer provides you with more than enough tools to
dramatically improve and speed development efforts. On the strength of a few features within SQL-Programmer such as reports, syntax checking, and the Help SQL, I could easily justify the purchase price. Those features don't even begin to scratch the surface of what SQL-Programmer can do."

[Referring to SQL-Programmer's handling of Source Code Control]
"No other SQL development tool I've seen so far can boast that.
I've probably only scratched the surface of this product and I'm sure I'll find more as I use it. I was definitely impressed."

For the full text of Michael Hotek's review of SQL-Programmer 2.2, please see:
http://www.swynk.com/friends/hotek/prodrev/sql-programmer_p1.asp

SQL-Programmer is available for Oracle, Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server.

To see the announcement of SQL-Programmer 2.5 and also the new PL/SQL-Debugger for Oracle:
http://www.sfi-software.com/pr27.htm

SQL-Programmer Full Specs:
http://www.sfi-software.com/sql-programmer.htm

Oracle PL/SQL Debugger Specs:
http://www.sfi-software.com/sql-debug-debugger.htm

Don't miss your opportunity to purchase SFI software at special discounts.

ACT NOW AND SAVE! ***SQL-Programmer 2.5 with PL/SQL Debugger for Oracle Special Introductory Offer: $999-A savings of $300 off list! Discount expires August 31, 1998.

SQL-Programmer provides a complete back-end development environment for your PL/SQL and Transact-SQL programming. Just released with new integrated PL/SQL Debugger for Oracle.

For further information on this and other SFI product offerings, please refer to:
http://www.sfi-software.com

or contact SFI:

Tel: 1-800-567-9127
(819) 778-5045, Ext. 152

Email: mailto:info_at_sfi-software.com or
sales_at_sfi-software.com

Fax: (617) 722-9389 in the U.S.; (819) 778-7943 in Canada

ALL OFFERS RESTRICTED TO NORTH AMERICA ONLY For SFI Registered International Distributors click here:
http://www.sfi-software.com/distributors.htm Received on Wed Jul 22 1998 - 11:50:54 CDT