Sunday always day 1 of week ?

From: <FORMULA_FO_at_NoSPAM-1751.yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 1998 14:52:11 GMT

Date-format "D" returns "Day of week". Example:

SELECT TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'D') FROM DUAL; returns a number in the range 1-7

ORACLE documentation does not say anything about which day is considered first day of week. A test on our system shows that SUNDAY is considered day 1 by ORACLE. Is it always so?
I know that in USA Sunday is first day of week, but here (in Norway) Monday is.
Any national settings available?
Any ISO-standard on this?

We use ORACLE 7.2.3 and PL/SQL + PRO*Cobol on a AIX 4.1.4 platform.

Thanks!
Erik

  Posted using Reference.COM                  http://WWW.Reference.COM
  FREE Usenet and Mailing list archive, directory and clipping service