Re: LOB to BFILE

From: <ewall_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 06:10:54 GMT

I am also writing TIFF images into a LONG RAW field under Oracle8. According to Oracle, the only way to do this is to break the data up into 32K chunks at the OCI level. I will most like use RogueWave's DBTools.h++ for Oracle which abstracts this for the user. The code for doing this amounts to something like:

unsigned char* tiffData = new unsigned char[TIFFSIZE]; ...
// Blob wrapper class provided by RogueWave RWDBBlob myBlob( (void*)tiffData, sizeof_tiffData ); ...
insert << myBlob;

-Eric