Re: Can I fire a trigger on the connect event ?

From: Al <al_at_work>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:23:56 -0400

This is any area of *** significant *** weakness with the Oracle archtitecture. Even if you turn on auditing, you will not be allowed to define a trigger on the audit table.

If you have control of the application source, you can use role based security, where the roles are not part of the users' default sets. Have the application issue a SET ROLE in order to activate the permissions. You can also protect the role with a password.

If you are using third party software you are out of luck.